Monday, January 9, 2012

Finally some snow

A friend sent me this so I thought I would share.

- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a
characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack
~ The Baron Von Bergschrund


Saturday January 7 
Spent the morning snowshoeing up and around echo lake and then to my one of my favorite mexican cantinas Azteca in Idaho springs.  Then it snowed and I knew that Sunday I would have my board strapped to my feet.

Sunday January 8
Up and at em early, headed to Copper mountain to enjoy 8 inches of powder.  Big blue skies, snow white  sugary powder, sun shining.  Short lift lines as I think everyone stayed at home to watch football.  Life is great.  

No comments: