Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cascade crest 100, I opted for 33 miles

August 27-28 
CCC 100. 

Picked up Bob Combs at the sea-tac airport, headed to REI, pikes market and then to Easton WA.  It was great to see some of the VHTRC crew, awesome event great trails, but my heart and my head, both not in it.  By mile 3 I wanted to stop and every step to mile 33, it became very evident in my mind that I didn't feel like suffering, throwing up, pushing myself all night.  This is an odd place for me to be in because in the past i have almost always been able to shut that part of my brain down and push on.  I Have had a lot on my mind lately regarding life, structure, where I want to live, work, etc. And normally on long runs like this I figure it out but today I wanted nothing to do with it.  I thought about steak dinners, a good night sleep,  milkshakes and waking up not completely trashed.  The morning after, I expected regret for stopping so early but yeah, not so much.  heading back to Colorado.  

No comments: